And a couple of not that need-to-know but still-fun-to-know-anyway things! Why? Because there are more and more people visiting this little blog (hurrah!) and blogging is supposed to be all about getting to know people, isn't it? So click through for a little bit more about the girl behind this blog, aka yours truly. Hi!
- 29 years-old. From and living in Belgium.
- Ever since I moved into my own place, I've become a huge homebody. Which means I do occasionally (read: most of the time) prefer staying at home, whether it's to get stuff done or to do nothing at all, instead of going out. Unless it's going out to the cinema. Then, yes, please!
- I am BIG on the family. Especially the ones closest to me. Whenever we get together, it's always the best of times and I couldn't imagine going even one week without my parents and my brother and sister, especially. Family dinners? Love them. Weekly lunch date with Grandma? Unskippable. Needless to say that I consider myself really lucky to be surrounded by such a great family, as I can hardly imagine the opposite thing.
- I'm a hopeless romantic. I sometimes act like I'm not, but I definitely am. An extremely picky, hopeless romantic and infinite dreamer. Great prospects, right? I would say you can blame all those books, films and other stories for that, but I'm pretty much convinced I should thank them instead. If everyone just paid a little bit more attention to those sort of things, the world and the people in it would be a better place. Quote me on that.
- I have two cats called Strummer and Leia. Strummer is named after Joe Strummer of The Clash, one of my all-time heroes, and it was a name that was decided a long time ago. Leia, on the other hand, was a last minute call I couldn't actually believe I hadn't thought about before. I was still looking for a name when I heard Carrie Fisher had left us, and instantly thought it was the purrfect ode to such a badass, genius and hilarious woman. She's lived up to it, as well, let me tell you that.
- My favourite day of the week is Sunday. Believe it. I love the whole easy vibe surrounding it, plus it's the only day I can enjoy the weekend to its fullest since I work every Saturday. AND I often have Mondays off so I don't even have that dreaded the start of the week is just around the corner feeling.
- I'm an A/W kind of person. As in 200%. I do enjoy Spring and the start (!) of Summer, but I definitely prefer the cosy times at the end of the year. You'll hardly ever hear me complain about the rain or snow, even when I'm caught right in it, but you will hear me slamming the high temperatures in Summer. I can't help it, I get tired of it soooooo quickly. Also: Autumn and Winter fashion and holidays. Nuff said.
- Which is why I won't have to explain why my favourite travel destinations are The United Kingdom, Ireland and consorts.
- I am extremely touchy when it comes to animal cruelty and environmental problems. It's something I'm really passionate about and try to do my bit for on a daily basis. Mocking this, denying the problem of it or diminishing its importance in any way really does make me extremely cranky and I can keep that up for quite a long time, if not forever. Yes, I keep grudges. Again: can't help it.
- My favourite pastime: rearranging my interior. Which indirectly means I actually love cleaning. Go figure.
- I played theatre as a kid, started again last year and absolutely love the thrill of it.
ABOUT FILM & TV
- Yes, that nothing at all in the homebody paragraph above mostly means watching films & series at home. I'm a total addict, which is why you'll see a lot of posts about those things appear on here.
- I'm sort of an emotional film wreck when it comes to watching them. If something gets to me, I cry instantly, easily and openly because I just can't keep it in. And I kind of love that, actually.
- It's impossible for me to choose and name a favourite film. Possible contenders include: Jurassic Park, The Goonies, Star Wars, The Fantastic Mr Fox, anything by Wes Anderson really, Shaun of the Dead, Singin' in the Rain, Pride and Prejudice, ... See the problem here?
- I go to the local movie theatre a lot. I would prefer at least once a week, really. However, no matter how much I love those cinema visits: I WILL shoot lightning bolts out of my eyes at you when you sit next to me (or anywhere in the room, really) with a bag of chips, and will totally kick your ass if you keep talking loudly during the screening. Gosh, I hate that. Pet peeve alert.
ABOUT MUSIC & BOOKS
- I'm a playlist wizard. Or I love making them, at least. I have loads of them, for every possible occasion, and love sharing them with you!
- My all-time favourite band is The Clash. Hands down. Other favourite artists: Prince, Pulp, Blur, Gorillaz, Bruce Springsteen, The Cure, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds and Pearl Jam. So, yes, I am mostly stuck in the past. Lots of guilty pleasures too, though!
- I reread more books than that I find new ones to read. Perhaps because it's safer, perhaps because I'm sort of picky when it comes to genres or because it's just easier, I really don't know... I love getting tips, though, so don't refrain from them!
- Books I've reread the most? Little Women (every year around Autumn, folks!), HP of course, Pride and Prejudice, and Fangirl.
SO WHAT D'YOU THINK? WOULD WE GET ALONG? ;) WHAT THINGS DO WE HAVE IN COMMON, OR ANY FAVOURITES YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE? HAVE AT IT!