From a podcast discovery to my new favourite picture editing app: here's what I've been loving the past week!
- First and foremost, I am delighted to tell you that the past week marked the end of Summer Sales ! Sure, you'd think that was nothing to be excited about because bye-bye cheap finds... Until one day you end up at the other end of it, in retail that is. I have to admit that work hours do fly by when there's so much to do, but with the new season coming up, tight personnel and the fact that one has but two hands, it came as a relief that we could put all the hassle involved with those sales behind us. Oh, who am I kidding glossing it over like that... It truly is my least favourite (glossing it over again) time of the year and I could just about do a thousand victory dances right now.
- I am a big podcast fan, almost daily listener, really, and always on the lookout for something new to put into my ears. In fact, there'll probably be a post about all my favourite discoveries soon, but I already wanted to put this one in the Little Loves list because it's just too darn funny to keep from you for but a second longer. The title, Grownups Read Things They Wrote As Kids, is pretty self-explanatory, so let me just tell you this: I have never laughed so hard during a bike ride to work. As in, out loud. Passers-by probably thought I was insane. Totes worth it.
- I made the switch to Lightroom CC as a photo editing app only just a couple of days ago, and I honestly don't know why I didn't do it sooner. I can't get enough of all those pretty presets and making my own! Definite must-try for all my fellow Insta-dorks out there.
- Next favourite thing? The nostalgic treasure FernGully: The Last Rainforest is on Netflix Belgium! And who doesn't love a good Non-Disney, funny but quite scary at times, animated film that takes you right back to your childhood? Robin Williams' Batty Rap is still gold, by the way, so I can't wait to end my weekend with it later tonight.
- Speaking of treasures: I finally dug up these pretty earrings from my birthday presents this week. I loved them the minute I unwrapped them but hadn't gotten around to wearing them. They're absolutely adorable so I just want to do a quick shout-out to Love Bizarre (props for the name there, extra points earned) to thank them for these foxy beauties and their genius wear it both ways option!
Q: how was your week? Any little loves of your own?
PS: did you happen to see the little lodger/foundling I had the pleasure of hosting last Friday? It was already rather heartbreaking to say goodbye, but I'm happy to say she had a family after all and is hopefully purring away on her human's lap as we speak! Although I did feel like Syd was a much better name for the feisty little thing than -well- Kittoe. 😂